It Takes a Village



    Put on your ice skates..the pond is frozen. This scene will remind you of days gone by and the Christmas village you set up each year. Ice covered houses, fir trees, skaters and onlookers, and even santa and his reindeer are all available to create your own memories.

    In the svg file, the bottom row is the mats for each of the houses and trees. The second row has the houses themselves.I think you can figure out the rest.

    What I did was attach the mats for the houses to the snow at the bottom and then attache the tree mats. That way I would have a mat to glue the house pieces onto.

    I printed out two copies of everything, reversing the one on the top, before glueing on the pieces, so it would look like a slightly different village.

    I freehand cut a lake out of blue, and added some random pieces of off white, to make the scene look 3-d.

    I'm going to see what I can create with the parts today. I wanted to try a shadowbox, but I had the scale wrong today.

    I'd love to see what you come up with!

    Don't try to cut the houses on too heavy or too thin paper, they have a lot of detail. Regular scrapbook solid color paper is right. Card stock didn't cut the windows through.

    I'll upload the file to mediafire.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=20e8b9e92ddf2fb5ab1eab3e9fa335cacda320b753c5de93

    Christmas_scene1.svg contains the scene you see here.
    winter_christmas_scene_components.svg have all the parts you need to build your own scene...Maybe the north pole with santa's workshop?

    Use your imagination!

Post Title

It Takes a Village


Post URL

https://aciksexygirls.blogspot.com/2008/09/it-takes-village.html


Visit Acik Sexy Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive