One light, 5 designs










    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| I was trying to think of a way to make a glass block light, so that you could change the picture on the front of it. I decided to super glue a PIECE OF PLASTIC(a overhead projector page) onto the front of the block, leaving the top open. This gives the block a nice shiny finish, and gives me a pocket to slip in my cricut cutouts. I mounted each on a velum background, to filter the light, and cover up the inside lights. I got a accessory cord like you use with ceramic houses and used that for the light. In the first two photos, you are seeing the set of christmas lights that were in there originally, before I changed to the more appropriate night light.

    I already had the glass block with the hole in it. My parents had made these a few years ago, and just wrapped ribbon around them, and added a bow, to make them look like presents. My dad has a special "diamond tipped" drill bit he used to cut the holes.

    If you don't want to invest in the tools to make the glass block lights(Dad wrote back, it's time consuming), you might consider these light up picture frames from Walmart.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9251417



    Bring your photos to life with this 2-pack of 5" x 7" Portrait Backlit Picture Frames in Silver. Simply place your picture between the clear plastic inserts provided, and illuminate the image for a spectacular effect. The triangular powder-coated metal frame comes with a 7-watt bulb and a 6-foot cord with an on/off switch.









    Hope you like this idea of making a light with changeable pictures. Change them for each season, a birthday, or just because!

Post Title

One light, 5 designs


Post URL

https://aciksexygirls.blogspot.com/2008/10/one-light-5-designs.html


Visit Acik Sexy Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive