Potato Man


    There may be no more versatile food than the potato. In honor of this Everfood, I thought I'd count down the top ten uses of the illustrious spud:



    #10 Salad – I’m not a big fan, but my mom assures me potato salad is good. I’ve heard there are non mayo versions, and I’d be more apt to try that.



    #9 Scalloped – I don’t have a problem with these, but I’m reluctant to put these on the list, since they are basically au gratins without cheese. However, I’m told some people like them even more.



    #8 Perogies - I've only come to know these since moving to Canada, but I am a fan. Plus, I've come up with an amazing way to prepare them.



    #7 Baked – Kind of boring, but if you spice them up with cheese, butter, hamburger, chili, bacon—or better yet, all of them—it’s not a bad deal.



    #6 Wedges – My mom assures me that this is different from fries. They’re dipped in batter or some seasoning before prepared. (I did have potato skins in this spot, but they are so boring that I took them out and am inserting wedges.)



    #5 Hashbrowns – Back in Georgia there was this place called Waffle House, and you could order your hasbrowns scattered (broken up), smothered (onions), covered (melted cheese), chunked (ham), diced (tomatoes) and topped (chili).



    #4 Au Gratined – cheese and potatoes. That’s what I’m talkin’ about!



    #3 Mashed – I’ve learned different way to prepare these, and I’m having so much fun with it. You can have creamy or chunky, skins on or off, and the flavoriings! You got your garlic mashed, your cheesy mashed, your herb mashed, and even your plain ol’ butter and milk is a solid winner every time.



    #2 Chips – My current favorite (other than at the Buckhead Diner in Atlanta, where they serve them straight out of the oven with melted maytag blue-cheese running all over) are kettle chips. I just love those. Otherwise, I prefer non-ridges to ridges, but it’s really hard to ruin a potato chip anyway you look at it.

    And the number one way to prepare a potato…..



    #1 Fries – Whether they be criss-cut, curly, seasoned, steak or regular, fries are the best. We really shouldn’t even be calling them fries, as I actually bake mine, and they are to die for, but seeing as how we only recently dropped part of the name, I see no harm with keeping “fries” for awhile longer. (However, if anyone can give me a better name, I’m all ears.)

Post Title

Potato Man


Post URL

https://aciksexygirls.blogspot.com/2006/04/potato-man.html


Visit Acik Sexy Girls for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive